MTC recognizes the importance of corrections performance accountability through standardized measurements. The recognized industry leaders for measuring quality corrections performance are the American Correctional Association (ACA) and the Correctional Education Association (CEA). MTC-operated facilities work hard to obtain accreditation by these organizations. Accreditation by these organizations demonstrates a company’s proficiency in operating correctional facilities and in providing educational opportunities within correctional settings.
- In August 2009 MTC became the first private corrections management company to earn ACA accreditation. This means the MTC Corporate office adheres to the same exacting standards ACA requires of individual correctional facilities.
- Fifteen MTC correctional facilities have earned ACA accreditation, meaning the facilities exceed national standards and implement state-of-the-art policies and procedures.
- Twelve MTC correctional facilities exceed CEA standards for educational programming.
MTC alcohol and substance abuse treatment facilities are also accredited by the Licensed Substance Abuse Treatment Facility (LSATF) organization, the National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) or The Joint Commission (TJC)
- Two MTC correctional facilities have earned LSATF accreditation.
- Two MTC correctional facilities exceed NCCHC accreditation standards.
- Two MTC correctional facilities are recognized by TJC for accreditation.
In addition to these national industry certifications, each MTC correctional facility is also subject to audits and inspections performed by the federal or state agency contracting the company to provide corrections management. Each of these agencies also demand high performance standards which MTC consistently meets or exceeds.